On Wednesday September 5th, a large Swedish delegation from the waste management sector will visit ENVAQUA and FME. Main purpose of our study trip is to get impressions of and inspiration from trends, initiatives and good practice examples in other countries. An additional purpose is to establish good relations and explore interaction/exchange possibilities with main actors in some of the most progressive countries in the field of circular economy. Exchange activities may be in the form of match-making of companies and more concrete exchange of good practice solutions (between companies and/or public sector).
The Swedish delegation consists of the following industry leaders and CEO’s:
- Christer Forsgren, R&D manager, Stena Metall
- Weine Wiqvist, CEO, Avfall Sverige (the Swedish Waste Management Association)
- Karl Edsjö, Director Resource Policy and Recycling, Electrolux
- Karin Lindroth, Director Strategic Coordination, Recycling & Water, City of Gothenburg
- Elinor Kruse, Director Environment, Teknikföretagen (the Association of Swedish Engineering Industries)
- Per Stolz, Global Resources and Waste Manager, IKEA
- Malin Engler, CR Assortment & Purchasing Non-food, ICA
- Ann-Charlotte Mellquist, Researcher, RISE Viktoria Institute
- Bengt-Åke Andersson, Senior Specialist, E.ON
- Elisabeth Johansson, Director Waste Management, VAKIN
- Nils Johansson, Researcher, Royal Institute of Technology
- Henrik Oxfall, Researcher Swerea IVF, Program Management RE:Source
- Hanna Ljungkvist, IVL Swedish Environmental Institute, Program Management RE:Source
- Evalena Blomqvist, Program Manager, RE:Source
- Johan Felix, Innovation Manager, RE:Source
Meetings and target audience
ENVAQUA and FME will host and organise meetings with:
- Dutch authorities/policymakers in charge of the national waste and circular economy strategy and roadmap, to learn more about how circular economy is implemented/integrated in practice in the Netherlands.
- Companies and organisations that have implemented circular economy successfully and have demonstrated the business case of circular economy.
- Dutch universities TU Delft and Wageningen UR at the forefront of circular economy research.
Are you interested to join this incoming mission? Please let us know through firstname.lastname@example.org and/or contact Moniek Klein Gunnewiek through the ENVAQUA/FME secretariat: 088-4008545.